Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

cavitation plate is just below water when planeing

[ Edited ]

I noticed today that at plane. The cavitation plate has water running over it.

I thaought that at plane i should see the cavitatin plate completely.

I'm running a 150hp 2011 on a lund explorer 1825 sport. Geting 48mph at 5450 rpms.

stock prop.

thanks mike

Admiral

Re: cavitation plate is just below water when planeing

Your motor is probably mounted too low. See your dealer about raising it up one or two holes or whatever it takes to be visible.

Your rpm is too low, get the next smaller pitched prop. That should help your hesitation to go away and make your motor run more efficiently. It should be about 5600 rpm with a max of 5850.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

[ Edited ]

Excellent thanks. Hopefully  my dealer will do this for me. I just boaught the boat, only has 14hrs on it.

What will this do too my performance, hole shot and top end.

I know i've heard other people talk about the slight hesitation on theres too. Will it completely go away or is it normal for it too do this to some degree....

If i run the motor like this for a while will it be ok. I'm in florida and boat won\t be back home for 3 months now.

thanks mike

Highlighted
Admiral

Get the engine mounting height correct, the engine checked over, and change the prop to obtain the 5600 rpm and you may find that the hesitation is minimized or completely gone.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.