Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

compatibility

I have a 17' deep V aluminum w/ 85hp Evinrude package(T&T). I believe this was packaged and sold in the 80's. The console is R. side mount with choke built into the ignition. Motor/live well, etc. all checked out in excellent condition. I have 2 questions. 1-is there a poblem in reloaction of steering cables to a Center console and 2- since I only fish and dont need to "go fast" would another motor (Nissian 25hp) work ok for 2 people??? I have access to one with a total of 20hrs. on it. It is currently on a water mocc. with front lever steering. Please feel free to advise or comment. My fear is if I spend 500. for the console, pay for relocation/connection of steering cables, another 1K for new console seat and bench seat for front and finally put a bikini top on::: the 85 dies. And I own a very expensive hull with no propulsion P.S. I already put a new marine plywood floor in Thanks for any help
Admiral

Re: compatibility

A 25 would be way too small for a 17' fishing boat. As long as the 85 is in good condition and is checked out by a trained tech, invest in your boat or use it as is until something else comes along.  Good luck.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Re: compatibility

thank you...  I was afraid of that.   Guess I will just use for now and look for center console until summer.

I appreciate your input