Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: e-tec 25 hp loses power at high rpm

So has anyone figured out any more about this issue?

I did the nylon string thing and it did work...thanks.

Bought a new Eninrude gas line but problem came back.

Tied them up again.

Heading in for a new tank tomorrow.

Frustrating problem...dropped out of plane and high revs 4 or 5 times today.

Is there something about the Envinrude connections?

Seem good for awhile then get loose?

Admiral

It is hard to see what your connections are doing. A trained tech with clear hose, a vacuum gauge and a pressure gauge can determine if you have a fuel delivery problem at high speeds.  Evinrude does have a factory support team of technicians who assist dealers with hard to diagnose problems. Talk to your dealer about taking advantage of that service if needed. This is for dealers in the US and Canada.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

My 30 etec has left me straded 5 times in the river. Mechanic finally figured it out by calling the evinrude people. There is a service bullitien out for this part. . The new part must have a "c'' on it. What happens is that the bolt holding this part on gets hot from the engine heat. I t expands and makes the hole tighter than normal. This makes the throttle stick and go into safe mode. The new part the hole is a lottle bigger. Problem solved. Part number 5005187.

Mate

Thanks for the tip. 

Will get the engine serviced this spring and have the part replaced.

Hopefully it puts an end to a pesky problem.

Otherwise engine runs great.

Mate

What part are you talking about, I am having the same problem.

is it a part near the fuel line connection, to keep the connection tight so it doesn’t suck air ??

thanks.