Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper
Accepted Solution

evinrude 150 rebs up weird

I bought this motor on the promise that it runned good , and it starts right up and idles ok but when rebbed up to accelerate it makes duhs duhs  sound can anyone help me ID the problem  thanks,, hope this video goes through

Highlighted
Captain

Re: evinrude 150 rebs up weird

Based upon your video, there is nothing wrong with your engine.  It incorporates an RPM limiter which is active when the engine is in neutral.  The purpose of the limiter is to prevent excessive RPM with the engine unloaded.  It prevents doing what you were attempting to do in the video.

Put the boat in the water and enjoy it.

ElderSparky

· Was your question answered? Help others find the answer by clicking "Accept as Solution".
· See a great post? Give a Kudo kudo.pngto show your appreciation!
Highlighted
Skipper

thanks , is this limiter resettable because i put the boat in the water and it kept doing the same, also i read somewhere else that a small or damage prop can also cause something like this, do you think so
and thanks again , if its not much to ask can you Id the year of this motor with this been the only number i can find on this motor g3220301
Highlighted
Admiral

@Racso64 wrote:
 if its not much to ask can you Id the year of this motor with this been the only number i can find on this motor g3220301

serial# G3220301 is a 1993 Johnson model VJ150EXET

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks, very appreciated