Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Captain

fuel info gauge

(Evinrude I-Command gauges for Etec | Multi Function Gauge) Would this type of gauge hook up to/work with the new G2's

Highlighted
Captain

Re: fuel info gauge

Captain

The old I-Command gauge will show basic NMEA information but will have limited use on a G2. Also it is not just plug n play on the G2 wiring harness. You would be better off with the new Natilus gauge or using a Fishfinder/GPS/MFD screen.
Captain

Thanks Rickmcd53, I have a nmea cable hooked up to my garmin but it is limited as for info. only info im really interested in is fuel data for gph sweet spot and ofcourse any other info that would come with it. I have a tach  and fuel/tank gauge and the tach has the 4  warning lights.  Although the larger touch screen units are nice they are expensive and un nessisary for my use. I will look up the Natilus. Thanks again.       

Captain

The I-Command gauge when on a network with a GPS antenna or Fishfinder/GPS with built in antenna will show the NMEA data from the engine for gallons per hour burned. It will also show miles per gallon but it needs an extra data memory module for trip fuel data. The Garmin with the latest software update should give you NMEA fuel data from the G2. It has been awhile since I have installed a Garmin unit and different models have different menus. It seems when I was setting up an engine screen and customizing gauges/data windows that some items were listed under "engine" and others under "NMEA".