Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
tjm
Captain

g2 power steering

I have a boat on order with a 250hp 25" shaft G2. Is the power steering an option on this engine or is it standard.

tjm

Admiral

Re: g2 power steering

You can purchase an Evinrude E-TEC G2 250HP  with or without the power-assisted steering, called DPS.

Check your invoice for the model number of the motor to tell which steering it will come with or better yet, have a conversation with your dealer's salesperson and/or salesmanager.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

tjm
Captain

The evinrude is a new offering by the boat manufacture and the dealer so there a little bit of a learing curve for all. When you get answers like I Think it comes with it makes me wonder. All the sales info i have read made me belive that power steering was part of the G2. If i known it was a option i would have specified that when i ordered the boat. Now i will have to wait and see

If the engine comes without DPS can it be added or is it not worth it at that point

tjm

Admiral

[ Edited ]

It cannot be economically added.

If you are waiting on the motor, and it is not the correct one, there may be time to change the order. Talk to the dealer.

Did you find out the engine model number that was ordered? That had to be specified when ordered from the factory.

Be sure the person(s) rigging and setting up the motor are G2 Evinrude trained and that they follow the Pre-Delivery and Installation Guide.  It is not just a simple matter of bolting on the motor and hooking up the fuel line and battery cables.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.