Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Thanks for the help, it's much appreciated.

Mate

Got the same problem here. Picked up a little motor for a punt and have been all over the motor and no id plate. Got a couple numbers stamped into the engine, but no idea on year or model number. Could you cast your experienced eye over it and give me an idea. Want to order the right parts and manual.

IMG_3797.jpg

IMG_3798.jpg

IMG_3805.jpg

IMG_3799.jpg

IMG_3801.jpg

IMG_3800.jpg

Hope the pics can help narrow it down. Look forward to hearing from you, any help appreciated! Cheers Brad

Admiral

The graphics on the cover are 1989 thru 1991 and luckily most everything on the motor was the same for those years.  That 8hp is a good little fishing motor.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thanks Bill, much appreciated. It's a lovely little motor and i think it will serve great for the tidal creeks. Just have to get a manual for servicing. Keep up the great work.

Cheers Brad

Mate

I would like to take pictures of this Evinrude to see if you can identify the year model etc so I can rebuild it.  Is this where I post the pictures?

RK

Highlighted
Admiral

Post your pictures here. Make sure they are in focus with good exposure.

Look for about a 1" silver disc on the motor block and show us the numbers on it.

Take pictures of the decals on the motor cover, the side and back of the whole motor, and close ups of the top, sides, front , and back of the powerhead. We will do our best to try to determine what motor you have.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

hey can you help me identify the year of my 30hp evinrude

motor5.jpgmoto.jpgmotor4.jpgn.jpgm.jpg

Admiral

After the weekend, we can check on that for you.

Mate

Okay cool, I appreciate it
Admiral

Serial number R8157621 is a   1989 Evinrude model E30TECE