Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Awesome!! Appreciate it!! Honda you find out!? I’ve been searching everywhere
Highlighted
Mate

I have an Evinrude that I'd love to figure out a model number also haven't had any luck with local guys. The power head was replaced but this is what that plug had on it. Any help is appreciated since I need to try to get a serial number or model number for insurance purposes. 

air cleaner.PNGport side.PNGstar side.PNGfront crowl.PNGplug.PNG

back.PNG

Admiral

That is not a serial number on the silver disk, but a part number for a replacement long-block used on the 1994 and 1995 engines like yours.

Your intake manifold style is from a mid-year production 1994 V or S model or a 1995. Both motors were very similar.

I am assuming that the connector for the boat to the motor wiring harness is a large red cannon plug. The last year that was used was 1995.  

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Hi. I would appreciate some help in identifying the model / year of my outboard as well please.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

Thanks heaps.

F061E0A8-D86B-4936-B2AD-39BFE28B3706.jpegE3E54191-4BB7-4C47-8E13-EBB1B228F2EB.jpegFB47AB6E-E13B-42BB-9CA2-2536729DE4FE.jpeg120FF904-E99E-46F7-A5D1-37E305310756.jpeg3D4FDAA4-D505-495D-8658-A2B7B5BC15D2.jpeg4C73C02F-2270-4538-8998-5156F7CB5253.jpeg2C4A1A2E-5C0C-44F0-8246-E9A0AC48CB29.jpeg

Admiral

[ Edited ]

Your motor cover decals were used in '94 and later motors.  Is there a red round connector where the boat wiring harness connects to the engine harness? If so, yours is a '95.  If there is no red connector but 2 rectangular and one triangular connector, then it is a '96 or later. Look behind the plastic cover by the red wire and fuse in picture #3

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Red it is, meaning it's a 95. Thank you ever so much..
Mate

Hi, I was hoping someone could help me identify the year or model number for my Evinrude 40HP. Thank you in advance for any assistance, and if there's any additional information I can add please let me know.20180227_145850.jpg20180227_145900.jpg3.jpg4 (2).jpg5.jpg

Admiral

The motor cover does look funny sitting on the motor backwards.

Coloring and decals like that were used from 1989 through 1991. Look for a 1" round silver disk with numbers on it attached to the engine block. That may help us narrow down the  year.

Mate

Ha! I was hoping no one would notice I put it on backwards for the side view photos. I believe this is the stamped part you're referring to. Thanks for the assistance so far, I greatly appreciate it.20180228_064547.jpg

Admiral

it's a 1990 model VE40ELES