Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

more info....I just seen on the cover that it's says 50th anniversary series but it doesn't give the year
Admiral

An engine with a Johnson 50th anniversary on the cover would be a 1972 model. An Evinrude 50th anniversary would be a 1959 motor but they didn't have a 9.5 HP back then, only the 10 HP.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I have evinrudee 9.5 that I just purchased it's used I don't know the year but the disk on the inside as showing J2791435 does anyone know what I'm looking the year..
Admiral

@jcanada99 wrote:
I have evinrudee 9.5 that I just purchased it's used I don't know the year but the disk on the inside as showing J2791435 does anyone know what I'm looking the year..

You do not have to post here multiple times. We are already researching your serial number that you posted here 3 hours ago.

------------------------------------------------------------------------

Mate
jcanada99

I just bought a used evin rude 9.5 and it has a round disk with a number of J2791435 and I don't know what year it is can anyone help

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Admiral

It may have different midsection and motor cover since you mentioned a 50th anniversary decal.

The powerhead serial number is for an MQ-13, a 1967 Johnson  model.

Mate

I bought a motor today and was looking for the serial number and couldnt find it.  I looked on the motor and on the transom bracket and found nothing.  But looked like there had been a sticker on the port side of the transom bracket, just wore off i guess.  Is there any other way to figure out the information for this motor: serial number, year,etc?  It looks to be a slightly older model and all i know is that it is a 15 h.p. evinrude.

Admiral

a serial number may help, look for a silver disk

Mate

Hi!

Newbie here. Just acquired an older Evinrude without a model number. The serial number is 25102S-E07925, and here is picture of the cowling...

Any help identifying Model and Year would be greatly appreciated. Thank you.

Cowling.jpg

Admiral

Mate

Thank you!