Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Hi guys (BluewaterBill)

As I said in my last post

Just recently bought a Johnson 90hp v4 outboard and can't find a model number to identify it. I only have the serial number A7606169 any help identifying model and year would be greatly appreciated.

Mainly looking for year built and model number.

Thanks again for any help
Admiral

@Gooseman wrote:
Hi guys

Just recently bought a Johnson 90hp v4 outboard and can't find a model number to identify it. I only have the serial number A7606169 any help identifying model and year would be greatly appreciated.

Unfortunately that is not a valid serial number.  Can you post pictures of the motor cover if the decals are in good shape, and include clear photos of the sides and back of the powerhead and a couple showing the whole side of the engine - powerhead to prop?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

[ Edited ]

I purchased a jon boat with a Johnson 25HP that is completely sprayed OD green and no ID tag on the stern bracket. After doing some of my own detective work, I believe I've narrowed it down to early 90's model. Then I stumble across this great post. I have the following number from the silver plug on the motor

G4383415

Any help would be greatly appreciated cuz I need to get this motor running and get out on the water.

Thanks

Admiral

I will check the number for you.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

G4383415 is a 1998 model J25RLEC

Mate

Thank you for getting back so quick. Much appreciated
Skipper

[ Edited ]

MVIMG_20190226_172450 (1).jpgHello, I am new to the forum. I recently bought an Evinrude and from what I was told it is a 2003 E175FPXSTB but the diagrams don't seem to match up. The motor has been painted so there are not serial labels. The only serial I can find is on the freeze plug. Which is 64648718. Any help would be much appreciated.

Highlighted
Admiral

175FPXEE - a 1999 model

Skipper

Awesome, thank you so much!  does it tell you if its a E175FPXEEC ; E175FPXEEN ; E175FPXEEO ?

Admiral

[ Edited ]

sorry, no

Post well lit and focused picture of all sides and top of powerhead to help with identication