Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Ok, will do tomorrow.  On a 24hr work shift today.  Thanks again!

Mate

i have a 150 hp envirude etec but i have no idea the year or model the plate says ME150WTLRS 

Admiral

what is the serial number?

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

g 03653454

Admiral

ME150WTLRS - G03653454 was produced in 1994

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

really because it looks like a  Evinrude FICHT V6 if i had to guess,  is it possible that the motor was added to the transom?

Mate

How did you find that info out because i need to order a wiring harness for that it has a red plug

Highlighted
Mate

Need help identifying an Evinrude 2 cylinder 2 stroke 3.00" Bore with the following ID on the freeze plug. G3177546

The motor is off my neighbors boat (bought used and likely not original to boat anyway) and it developed an engine problem. Removing the cylinder head unveiled an issue with one of cylinders. It looks like a piece of the cylinder wall fractured (1/4" crater missing from cylinder) causing scoring. I'd like to resleeve and get it operational, but at this point I don't know what I'm dealing with to know if it is worth the effort and if parts are available.

Thanks in advance for any help I might receive.

Admiral

@200mph wrote:

Need help identifying an Evinrude 2 cylinder 2 stroke 3.00" Bore with the following ID on the freeze plug. G3177546

G 3177546  is an  E30ELET  -  1993

Mate

BluewaterBill... Thank you kindly for the model number.

It will be a while, but I plan on dissassembling the powerhead and seeing if the block can be salvaged using a sleeve.

I've attached pictures of the cylinder damage in the event anyone is interested.

IMG_3570 A.jpg