Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

I know this is old but wondering if anyone could help with my identification number G7178233 is written on the freeze plug on my 7.5 hp evinrude.
Skipper

[ Edited ]

Hi, 

I have an blue Evinrude 50hp outboard motor with no ID plate, non VRO I think its 1990ish...

On the freeze plug I have the numbers  A2405492 and the only other number I can find

is stamped on top of the cylinder head 334207.

Is there any way to identify what motor this is from this information?

Highlighted
Mate

Need help with s/n and model. I have the freeze plug number. Where can I go to find other numbers?
Admiral

[ Edited ]

@Beulahmom wrote:
Need help with s/n and model. I have the freeze plug number. Where can I go to find other numbers?

You do not have to duplicate your questions by posting multiple times. We have answered your question already.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Here is my recently acquired evinrude outboard. Looking for info like how to decode the serial number, year, and where to find the model number.
Mate

20190927_102515.jpg20190927_102512.jpg20190927_102508.jpg20190927_102341.jpg20190927_102153.jpg20190927_102151.jpg

Spoiler
20190927_102125.jpg20190927_102117.jpg
Admiral

You have a 1971 6 hp Evinrude

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you! Scored the boat motor and trailer for $300. He was asking $400 for it but wouldn't start when I went to look at it so he knocked $100 off. Lol. Took it home, checked and adjusted the points and funs fine. Just need to clean the carb and see about a rebuild kit for it. 

Mate

Also, Where would I put the water muff on this motor in order to run it out of the water?

Admiral

You have to submerge the gearcase at least to the point where it is fastened to the midsection.