Mate

Re: i.d. serial number without id plate

Need help
Mate

I have a Johnson motor engine number g3982327 can you tell me the year
Mate

I have a Evinrude motor thats has nothing on it but a serial number plate with the numbers 5522-02098 can some one please tell me what year and hp this thing is thanks
Mate

Admiral

The nice thing about this website is that you do not have to ask the same quesiton multiple times.

You can find the answer which is already posted in the location of the first time when you asked us

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Hi, 

I have a Mariner/Yamaha 8HP outobard with no ID plate.

On the freeze plug I have the numbers 033269 and the only other number I can find

is stamped to the left of the water jacket cover  6G100.

Is there any way to identify what motor this is from this information?

I would really appreciate any direction you could give me.

I need to replace the impeller and maybe the thermostat.

THank you!

Admiral

@BeauFL wrote:

Hi, 

I have a Mariner/Yamaha 8HP outobard with no ID plate.

On the freeze plug I have the numbers 033269 and the only other number I can find

is stamped to the left of the water jacket cover  6G100.

Is there any way to identify what motor this is from this information?

We're sorry but this site is only for Johnson and Evinrude products and we have no way to access other makes of motors.

You may want to find a Yamaha/Mariner oriented website for help.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

I bought a Evinrude 88 Special, but seller didn't know year or have title to it, I located model/serial number tag but it is so scratched up can not read, freeze plug number is 92975579, can you help any? Really need to get a title for this motor, thanks
Admiral

That does not appear to be a valid serial number. Could you post a picture of the plug with the numbers clearly visible?