Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

is there an NMEA2000 2" size trim gauge (traditional arrow) on the market??

dash.jpg

hey guys, i JUST ordered a new G2-115HO, so excited and its almost done.... problem now the whole thing is digital now. the mechanic cut off my traditional OHMs fuel sender wire, put a Analog/Digital converter on it. pull the fuel sender out of the tank and calibrate it to work with the new Natilus 3.5 gauge which communicate with everything via NMEA2000

now i am stuck with a traditional fuel gauge that doesn't move, and another empty 2" hole. i really would like a traditional arrow looking trim gauge on my dash. i know the new engine has auto trim but the boys tell me its only good for cruising in rivers, when pounding in big seas its best to trim yourself, but i'd like to look at a arrow instead of % digits on a screen. no such item on the market, all trim gauges are still traditional OHMs and i'll have to buy a $300 Digital/Analog converter for trim gauge on top of an $60 trim gauge.... >_<

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: is there an NMEA2000 2" size trim gauge (traditional arrow) on the market??

The evinrude Basic control with integrated digital analog converter or the premium controls using the external digital to analog converter will support analog trim and volt gauges simultaneously alongside all digital gauges.

• Analog Tach and Digital tach in Nautilus will function simultaneously in harmony. Tach signal pulled from the systemcheck connector or the Gray wire in the DAC leads.
  • Analog Trim and Digital trim in Nautilus will function simultaneously in harmony.  Trim position pulled from the White tan wire in the DAC leads 
  • Analog Volt and Digital volt in Nautilus will function simultaneously in harmony.  Volts pulled from 12V terminal purple wire in the DAC leads 
  • Customer must choose fuel level to be either digital or analog input. Both together will not function.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

I think this boat is rigged with the new surface side mount control with digital module so analog leads would require the seperate DA converter.
Highlighted
Captain

The surface side mount control includes built-in functionality for analog style gauges.  This eliminates need for D/A module in order to operate analog style gauges.

ElderSparky

· Was your question answered? Help others find the answer by clicking "Accept as Solution".
· See a great post? Give a Kudo kudo.pngto show your appreciation!
Highlighted
Admiral

G2 Suerface side mount control box sell sheet - no pricing.JPG

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Thanks Elder,vI had only seen this new product briefly. Just checked the installation guide and see that vcreation can install an analog trim gauge and a voltmeter or hour meter with the included harness.