Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

looking for collar zinc info on g2 300hp

I have an 2017 Evinrude G2 300hp outboard.  I found the BRP part number (0359580) on the streamlined collar zinc that goes on the crossbar between the two cylinder pistons.   On-line searches have not yielded anyone selling it or even a cross reference to the many brands of zinc anodes out there.  These streamlined collar zinces come in 1/8 increments in the shaft size.  Does anyone know what size that crossbar between the two cylinder pistions is?   or does anyone have the proper BRP part number that i can use to order or crossreference to an aftermarket zinc?  FYI - i can't just go measure mine because the boat is in winter storage until may 1st.  I'm gathering my supplies so i can get back on the water as soon as i get the boat out of storage.

Thanks

Keith

Captain

Re: looking for collar zinc info on g2 300hp

Probably need to contact a dealer. What happened to the original one?

Admiral

Re: looking for collar zinc info on g2 300hp

[ Edited ]

The zinc anode is inexpensive -  only around $13.

Yours is new now and will last for quite a while. Why worry about something aftermarket that may or may not be as effective as the OEM version?

Just buy one from your dealer.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.