Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

nose come for 250 HO with SLE gearcase

would a nose cone be beneficial for the SLE gearcase and if so what brand should i buy?

Admiral

Re: nose come for 250 HO with SLE gearcase

Bob's Machine Shop nosecone is probably the most popular

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

Only if your surfacing the prop. If your 2 or more inches under the pad, it will slow you down.
Captain

If i weld on a CNC machined Nitra Racing Nosecone on to my G2 150 H.O, what warranty will i lose? 

Admiral

Because welding a nosecone on a gearcase is not an Evinrude approved procedure, according to the warranty statement and depending on circumstances, you could be denied warranty coverage on anything gearcase related.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

okay!

But not anything to do with the main engine and emm?

Admiral

When you modify something circumstances may change and any failure may be subject to increased scrutiny, especially if the engine history shows excessive rpm quite often, elevated temperatures, or other signs of possible racing or operating contrary to the operator's guide.

Captain

My contact here in sweden told me that i will void all warranty with a welded nosecone, is that true?

Admiral

Because welding a nosecone on a gearcase is not an Evinrude approved procedure, according to the warranty statement and depending on circumstances, you could be denied warranty coverage on anything gearcase related.

When you modify something circumstances may change and any failure may be subject to increased scrutiny, especially if the engine history shows excessive rpm quite often, elevated temperatures, or other signs of possible racing, wave jumping, or operating contrary to the operator's guide

Captain

okay, but he told me when the cone is on the warranty is gone. So if a oilfailure or emm or powerhead would break he says it will not cover it even if it is not related to the gearcase. Can you please tell me?