Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

Re: power steering problem yet again

I have a 2019 300 G2 and have experienced the same issues.  First time we lost control, almost threw entire family out of the boat.  Took to dealer for a 2 month wait during peak of the fishing season only to get it back and have it break again after about 30 minutes of run time.  Yet again I'm off to the dealer for another 2 month wait..... I don't even have 30 hours on the **bleep** engine yet......

Highlighted
Mate

Re: power steering problem yet again

I bought a new 2018 G2 150 HO and am having same issues.   The first season near the end of the year the slight squealing noses started, I shut off the battery switch as normal practice at end of use so wasn't thinking it was something bad, thought it was the trim tabs retracting.   Second season got worse, and just before I pulled it for the season the engine would heave my boat to the left on takeoff in a severe unnerving way.   Bottomline I brought the boat back to the dealer and it has been sitting there for 2 months. I have about 20 hours on this engine. First they were replacing the unit, then were repairing it, accourding to the dealer Envinrude tells them parts aren't available.   I see there has been a recall however noone has notified me. As soon as I get this fixed the For Sale sign is going out.  Hopefully it is fixed before the 5 year warranty expires.  I really thought this brand was solid after the takeover by BRP, however looks like the bad management of OMC prevails.