Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

ready to run

Hi, this is my second year with an 08 150ho. Still working on dialing the prop in, but it close to the 5500 wot. I'm happy with the performance. I had 9 year service done, my first chance to see the EMM stored data. I was pumped as there were no major issues other than the two injectors I was told about. There is a code of 11 TPS that occurred 110 times. The service shop said it won't be a problem. I don't have any reason to doubt them.. what are your thoughts on code 11? Thanks!
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: ready to run

Code 11 is minor and most of the time due to the boat operator advancing the throttle to start the motor. As you know, the throttle must be at idle when starting up.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Can it occur while running across the water? I had a short brief flat spot last fall. Sounded like a Jake brake. Dropped power and kicked back in. The only code at that time frame was the TPS 11. I'm not worried, would just like to know.
Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

The TPS is what controls the engine rpm, same as in a fuel injected vehicle. It might be a good idea to have a tech slowly advance the TPS with an ohmmeter attached to see if there are any drops or dead spots in the rotation.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

OK tkanks