Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

spraying powerhead

This is discussed somewhere before. I know boeshield, etc. is used to spray and water proof the powerheads.  I prefer to use the brp silicone spray all over the powerhead, since is light in consistency( not gooey to work on the areas later). I spray periodically in the season; not just at winterization put away.  Can I spray good amounts down in the stator winding area and up under as much as I can get access to? Will it be a problem in that rotational electric zone? E60dplscb motor. Thanks

Admiral

Re: spraying powerhead

Pure silicone spray will not hurt anything, unlike heavy coatings of a petroleum tar-like or waxy type of spray could.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Admiral

A light spray is all that is needed. If you are getting water inside the motor cover, look for transducers or other transom mounted items that may be spraying against the motor and being ingested through the air intake on the back. Be sure there are no leaks around the engine block and that the motor cover seal is in good shape.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Thanks, I don't get water under the cover. I just want to coat all the surfaces, including all electrical, stator,etc. to prevent corrosion. Thanks for responding