Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain
Accepted Solution

tilt & trim wiring adapter

Hi,
I have a 2003 Alumacraft 175 tournament sport. I repowered this spring from a 115 Johnson to a 150 HO etec. I replaced the tach and rewired the dash. Every thing is working great. I went from 32 mph wot to 46mph@ 5200 rpm. Here is my challenge. On the tournament sport there is a remote switch for the trim in the front of the boat. I would like to tie it into the wiring but would rather not use crimp connectors. Is there a splitter that can be put between the Cowell switch and the wiring harness so I can plug the wires in. Thanks
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: tilt & trim wiring adapter

Here are the different kits available for adapting to a bow mounted trim switch. Be advised that the bow switches installed by the boat manufacturer are often problematic due to there location and exposure to rain and splashed water. Make sure it is a quality water proof switch.

To provide electrical connections to “tap into” the trim harness
with a second trim switch (i.e. bow mounted trim). 
176534 "Y" Connector Only - 6"
176588 "Y" Connector with 13' Cable no Switch
176560 "Y" Connector with 13' Cable and Remote Trim Switch

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Re: tilt & trim wiring adapter

Thanks Bill,
I appreciate your advice. I prefer to do thinks the right way, the first time. It always works out better in the long run.

Tracy