Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain

you tube video

Hello Bill

I just watched a youtube video of you showing the torque curves of a mercury and a E-TEC. You said in the video that the Mercury was a 115 and the Evinrude was a 150 at about the 3:49 mark. I hope that was a mistake and can be corrected becuase it is already going south on forums. They were both 150's correct? Thanks Bill

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: you tube video

[ Edited ]

Yep, that was me in front of the camera for the very first time. Someone had to listen very closely to recognize that I tripped over a word as it was not caught during the several edits of the video. The whole film clip was about the Mercury and the Evinrude E-TEC 150 HP comparison so a normal person would understand that it was a common slip of the tongue.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

Re: you tube video

I understand and could not imagine going in front of the camera, I think you did a good job. It is a shame people will try to find every little thing they can to discredit the E-TEC since they can not find anything actually wrong with the product. Haters will hate.