Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Mate

65 Pontoon Series - External Tank or Not

HI all -- just new to the board but need a quick expert reply and would appreciate any help.  I just bought a new pontoon boat and a 65 pontoon series motor.  My sales rep didn't ask me about the external oil tank.  I may still have the option but wonder about user thoughts and opinions.  Is it worth it?  I mostly use my boat for cruising around a mid-size lake probably 60-80 hours a season. Any thoughts? Any thoughts appreciated I need to decide very soon.

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 65 Pontoon Series - External Tank or Not

Only you can make the determination that a remote oil tank kit is advantageous.

If you use XD-100 you may only have to refill the oil tank once per season at 60-80 hours.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Thanks BluewaterBill both for the quick response and sharing your wisdom. It seems with the model I purchased it is an accessory. I like the idea of the ease of use, but if it requires as little as one fill it might be worth it to save the room and the expense. Any idea...even ballpark what this "accessory" would cost? Thanks again!
Highlighted
Admiral

NEW EVINRUDE E-TEC PONTOON SERIES,

REMOTE OIL TANK KIT  $405 plus installation

P/N 767511*

*Remote oil tank is intended for dealer installation.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.