Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

Forever back ordered fuel pump

Does anyone have a lead on a fuel pump 5007896 for a 25 hp etec?  It's been forever back ordered and I'm about to part my motor out.

Highlighted
Skipper

Re: Forever back ordered fuel pump

Highlighted
Skipper

Their website stock tracker is bogus.  They were my first call a few weeks ago.  I ordered and got the dreaded back ordered email just like everyone else sends.  Thanks though.

@ScottVan wrote:

https://www.crowleymarine.com/parts/393602.cfm

Highlighted
Captain

Where are you? I'm in Australia and have a good used one at half price.

Highlighted
Skipper

@Nordmann wrote:

Where are you? I'm in Australia and have a good used one at half price.

I'm in the US sadly.  

Highlighted
Admiral

@rmhartos wrote:

Does anyone have a lead on a fuel pump 5007896 for a 25 hp etec?  It's been forever back ordered and I'm about to part my motor out.

Try  Barnacle Bill's Marine Supply. (856) 785 9455

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

We received a backordered pump from BRP last week so they are shipping them again.
Highlighted
Skipper

Nothing here. Can I buy it?

Highlighted
Skipper

Is it for sale?

Highlighted
Skipper

Same here... 15HO etec broke down since June.... Evinrude is worthless... lie after lie. BEST warranty is a joke.

https://www.globenewswire.com/news-release/2020/08/27/2084605/0/en/BRP-Reports-Fiscal-Year-2021-Seco...

They will be bankrupt soon enough. Worst leadership they could of found... capitulated to Mercury - Failed to understand the market(s)... and the story goes on & on.

At least they only got me for $5k USD for 70hrs of operation

Could of / Should of chartered a nice sailboat for a week in the Caribbean w/ that money... oops. They charged me $75/hr plus fuel and slip fees to use my own boat!.