Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Prop Sugestion Plz pulling hair out

[ Edited ]

Smiley HappyHello everyone I am new to the forum but not to boating. My question of course prop selection I have been everywhere and well no real good dealers in my area (Pittsburgh) I just come up with the right sizing,

I have a 2004 Evinrude/Fitch 115HP DI I love my engine no Etec but still have had great luck with it. I have had a  

14 x13        WOT 4000rpms Speed 21mph                          3 blade Aluminum

13 7/8 x13  WOT 4900 to 5000  Speed 24 mph                     Same as above

13 1/2 x 15 WOT 5000 to 5100 Speed 24 to 26mph               Same as above

Prefer to stay to Aluminum as I boat the 3 rivers and would much rather replace prop then a lower unit. I am not looking for a speed demon I am happy in the Mid to upper 20's just want to optimize the rpm's as I have been told they need to be there for maximum preformance.  Again looking for fuel econo but want rpm's up there if iI hit full throttle have not tried Hydrus yet as I have small fortune in props now :-(    Hoping Bluewater Bill chimes in.

Ugh???? Just not sure which way to and have a small fortune in props now !! I would have thought a 14 x 13 after seeing results from 13 7/8 x 13 run but after trying the 13 1/2 x 15 yesterday morning and seeing that my RPM go up a 100 or so I am lost sure would have thought I would want to decrease my Pitch to 11 or 12 to try and get my RPM's up to where they need to be 5500 to 5700 ?? I  think, So hard to find good info on this year engine as etecs have taken over i believe from what I am told this is a great motor and a year before the intro of etecs??  Any suggestions would be appreciated or at least a starting point thank you in advance.

I do have the software that I can use on the engine to read the EMM info and faults.

SORRY FOR THE LONG POST I HOPE I HAVE INCLUDED THE INFO NEEDED FOR SOME HELP!!!!

Boat

1990 24ft Mantiou 2- (20" Toons I KNOW OLD SCHOOL...LOL)

21 gal fuel tank

Usually just 2 or 3 people aboard (but do have times there are 12 to 14 aboard as it is rated for 16   )

2004 Evinrude Fitch 115 hp DI model    (Motor is mounted all the way down now) its does cavatate everyonce in awhile or turning sharp and afraid of rasing it up

ModelE  115FPLSRE    (20" Shaft)

Serial #    5043555

EMM Software Ver. 3030179  v,3??

EMM Software Rev.  33856

Hours 406

Admiral

Re: Prop Sugestion Plz pulling hair out

For a large pontoon boat like yours with a mid-size engine like the 115, you will need a smaller pitch propeller to attain close to 5800 rpm when the boat is lightly loaded.

Try the regular aluminum series or the special Hydrus series of aluminum props in the 11" and 9" pitch sizes.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Thank you Bluewater Bill would you go with a 14 x 11 or do I need to stay with the 13 1/2 diameter if they even make it in the Diameter??

Gregg

Admiral

go with the pitch, the manufacturer optimizes the diameter for the type of prop and the pitch.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Hey dontnget frustrated  deleware propeller in muncie indiana is the place to call and get the best info on your props they rebuild and tune props for your particular boat and motor you may need tomjust cup or double cup the prop to keep power and rpm I have been using them for 20 years of boating they just tuned my prop on our new tritoon gained 4 mph and kept rpm....they can spec a prop for you change the pitch and cup ...I had a 186 rinker and he took a 21 pitch and dropped it to a 20 then double cupped it had a good hole shot and top speed was 58 and could pull tubes or skiers. 

Highlighted
Skipper

Waterlogged, 

What prop did you end up with?  I have a similar setup 24'Harris 2 log boat with a 2000 FICHT that I just put on.  I used my old prop and the RPS run only 5200 to 5400 with the boat empty, so I think I need a change.  BTW I am also running the three rivers of Pittsburgh!