Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Yum - Fish Tacos!!

When I was in Hawaii I had amazing fish tacos and I'd love to replicate them with fish caught from our local lakes here in Wisconsin.  Does anyone have any local recipes that they might be willing to share?  Thanks and Go E-NATION!!

Admiral

Re: Yum - Fish Tacos!!

[ Edited ]

Because I live on the Florida coast, I do not get to enjoy the great tasting walleye or northern pike very much. Most of my cooking is using saltwater species. I'll bet trying one of the famous fish from the upper Midwest with this recipe would make for some good eats. You can use a commercial salsa in a jar if you wish, but it doesn't have the "freshly made" taste.

Salsa

• 2 plum tomatoes, diced
  • salt and pepper to taste
  • 1 red onion, chopped
  • 1/2 tsp chipotle hot sauce
  • Juice of 1 lime
  • 1/4 cup chopped fresh cilantro

Filling

• 1 lb of a flaky whitefish
  • 2 tbsp canola oil
  • 1 tbsp fresh lime juice
  • 1/2 tsp chili powder
  • 4 tortillas
  • 1 cup shredded cabbage
  • 4 oz sour cream
  • 1 can (16 oz) refried beans

Combine salsa ingredients. Heat grill. Cut fish
into 4 pieces. Whisk together oil, lime juice and chili powder. Brush mixture
onto both sides of each fillet; season with salt and pepper. Grill 3 or 4
minutes on each side until cooked through. Fill each tortilla with 1 fillet,
flaked into pieces, and cabbage and salsa; top with sour
cream. Serve with refried beans.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

Wow - thanks for the great recipe - I'm looking forward to trying this out soon, and I'm sure others will benefit from it too.

Thanks again!!

MJKruse

Admiral

In fact I'm having it tonite using fresh caught Dolphin ( Mahi, dorado, etc.) that we blackened and grilled  yesterday.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

I'll be right over Smiley Wink  lol 

Thanks again for the tips - I'm planning to try it out this weekend.  Happy eating and fishing!