Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

no water stream 2013 e-tech 115 hp V4 2 stroke

I have a 2013 115 hp e-tech 2 stroke outboard on my 24' pontoon. just got it out of storage, there is no water coming out of the motor when its running , overheat alarm comes on. any ideas ? And also how far down into the water should the motor ride  thank lsmeigh

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: no water stream 2013 e-tech 115 hp V4 2 stroke

If the boat is in the water and the motor is trimmed down, there should be water coming out of the tell-tale on the back of the engine. Because you mentioned that it overheated, then possibly the water pump needs replacing or there may be a clog in the system from mud dauber wasps or other insects. Once I found a small lizard inside a water tube above the pump.

See your dealer about getting the motor checked out including the thermostats as getting too hot can affect them.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

thanks for the info. it's still under warranty, but is this something simple I can do myself, as far as unclogging the water tubes or cleaning out the debris

Highlighted
Admiral

You can look up the water tell-tale with a small flashlight to see if there are any signs of bugs or other critters.

Because the motor is in warranty it would be best to have an authorized dealer check out the motor to avoid any problems or misunderstandings.

Check back here and let us know what the problem was.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Ok I'll take your advice, just wanting to get on the water, but better safe than sorry. calling the dealer this morning, Youv'e been a big help, need more guys like you !!!!!! thanks again Steve