Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

115 HO Stinks

My poor husband has a 115 HO that has gone into oil failure too many times to count. It has run hot since day 1. Now we have round 2 of trim/tilt issues. It is a piece of junk. We are now waiting on a call from a Jeff Cooper to authorize rep,acing this huge junk machine. 

Going through customer service isn't working. Maybe going public will.

Admiral

Re: 115 HO Stinks

We are very sorry to be informed of issues with your Evinrude outboard.

Because you are working with After Sales Support we are sure that they will do everything they can to rectify the situation. You can also send an email to  brp.care@brp.com   with the engine serial number along with your thoughts and comments as they would appreciate hearing from you.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I have sent many many emails to Evinrude.customers and have made numerous calls. I will forward all the emails to the address you suggested. I expect a call first thing Fri morning. 

Skipper

Most unreliable outboard i have ever owned on its 3rd EMM under warrenty and they keep fixing it but it cant be trusted keeps letting me down going to sell it as soon as it gets out of shop
Mate

[ Edited ]

I have less than 300 hrs on my Etec motor.Started having problems 2 weeks ago.I took boat to dealer and found that the EMM needs to be replaced along with a bad crank bearing.The total cost to fix will be above 5,000.00.Customer service is the worst ever.I have been on hold for 2 hrs now and have nothing good to say about motor or company.

115 ETEC is not what I was expecting.I will update this after dealing with customer service

Mate

Update

Finally got through to customer service(4 hrs later)

Etec is supplying a new EMM and New powerhead at a cost of 2600.00 not including labor.

To some that might seem like a good deal but in reality I will have to spend over 4,000.00 to get my 300 hr motor back on the water.I DO NOT see that as a good deal,but it is better than the start of today.

I will say that I was in love with Etec motors before all of this.

They say DQR(durability,quality,reliability).None of wich has been true for my motor.

They say the 2 happiest days of a boat owner is the day he buys and the day he sells it.

FOR SALE