Cleaned vst. Was dirty. Small return filter as well. Not so dirty
New fuel lines due to deterioration
High pressure pump 30psi within spec. And cleaned its screen
Lift pump was clean
New plugs
New gas
Starts like a champ
Runs well except full throttle.
Purchased diagnostic tool so will do some live testing but no check engine. What to do.
Highlighted
Admiral

Re: 2007 etec 90hp power loss

[ Edited ]

When you said the fuel pressure was OK at 30 psi, was that tested at full throttle during the power loss?

You may want to order the factory service manual and follow the testing and troubleshooting procedures step by step in the proper order. That is how the trained and experienced technicians do it.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Mate

Re: 2007 etec 90hp power loss

I have the factory service manual. The instruction say to just start the outboard. No specified load or throttle. But I guess I could put a guage on.