Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

2015 Etec 115

Not even 25 hours on the motor and it was in the shop for over three weeks. Fuel pump went bad and EMM was bad. Really??? I bought it BRAND NEW in March. It's spent over 20% of its life in the shop! I've never had to use the warranty on any other motor before 140 hours, but this one before 25 hours????

Finally picked it up yesterday from the dealer. They say it's ready. I'm worried about putting in the water now.

I've never had so many problems with all other outboards COMBINED!

What's the point of paying for a new motor if you can't use it or trust it?!?
Admiral

Re: 2015 Etec 115

I'm sorry to hear that you had problems with your Evinrude and that it did not meet your expectations for a new motor.

Please give the dealer a chance to have corrected everything and go enjoy your time on the water. Let us know how everything works out, we want to hear from you.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Skipper

Dont trust it I have a 2013 etec is on its 3rd EMM keeps letting me down most unreliable outboard motor i have ever owned going to sell it as soon as it gets out of shop wish you luck with yours
Skipper

Finally got it out of the shop. Ran it Friday evening, no issues. Ran it Saturday afternoon, no issues. Ran it Sunday from about 6:30am to 2:00pm fishing, motor died multiple times... Same problem as before. This is frustrating as hell. The **bleep** motor doesn't even have 30 hours on it and I've already had more problems than any other outboard I've ever owned, including used ones. I'd sell it if I could, but the **bleep** thing has been on the market since it went in the shop and everyone is scared of them, I guess for good reason.

Oh, and don't bother emailing the people at BRP. They won't respond to you. I sent an email after the first reply on here and guess what? No response at all. Not a 'hi' or 'thanks for choosing BRP' or 'f*** you.' Nothing. I hope yall are happy with the garbage yall produce, because I guarantee a lot of your customers aren't.

The point: don't buy an Evinrude unless you want problems. If that's the case, then they're the outboard for you!
Mate

I know this thread is old on the evinrude community, I’m new to the forum (but not evinrude) I purchased a new boat in 2011 (previous year stock) it came with a 2008 Evinrude E-TEC 115 saltwater (also new just old stock). All I can say is I have had the same issues as you, for the past 8 years every year it has gone into shop due to motor problems they have switched out the ecm, replaced spark plugs almost each year (not covered under warranty either so they came out of pocket which adds up), replaced injectors, bumped up idle speed, and it still will randomly shut down when trolling or in neutral then be difficult to start. And then be throwing overheating codes left right and center and I have had the impeller replaced as well for the cooling system! My motor is a POS!!! My father bought a boat with a Yamaha 90 4stroke and it gets similar holeshot and better top speed with more weight in the boat.... and uses less fuel!! I’m looking at replacing my motor now and getting the eff away from evinrude because like you said brp was no help (even when it was on warranty). I have less then 200hrs on mine due to the fact is has spent so much time in shops.. Hopefully you have gotten your issues resolved with your motor
Admiral

If as you say that your Evinrude E-TEC 115 HP does not excell in performance over a 90 HP 4-stroke on a similar boat, then something is not set up correctly or the motor needs inspection and servicing by trained techs.

There is an exhaust valve that tunes the sound waves inside the mid-section for acceleration and for increased power. It fthe actuator is not operational or the vavle carbon-stuck, the 115 will not perform well.

It may be to your advantage to try a different dealer.  Spark plugs are a warranty item for the first 3 years or 300 hours as they are considered an emission component. Your dealer should have know that. The emission warranty is in your operator's guide.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.