Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

2018 / G1 225 hp

I purchased new, the last model of the 2018 225 ETEC G1 in May. (Now above 150 they are G2's)

Installed on a 228 Seafarer Grady White.

This is one strong motor !  I have about 85 hours and she runs like a top.

My dealer, who is top notch, proped her so she can run 35mph @ 41% throtle and WOT 46mph with a full tank of fuel and gear.  Average 2.8 mpg at this speed.

What more could you ask for ?

Admiral

Re: 2018 / G1 225 hp

[ Edited ]

Conratulations !

What is the top rpm when trimmed out for best speed  with an average load onboard?

What style propeller and pitch size?

Outboards should be propped for full throttle rpm and different style props chosen for the type of boating an owner does.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

I am away for a week but I will post that information when I return.

I believe it is a Rebel prop.  If memory serves the RPM tops out at 5600. But I will check that.

Admiral

[ Edited ]

If the motor reaches 5600 rpm at full throttle trimmed out for best speed with your Rebel prop, it is set up well.

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

My local dealer has be dealing with myself and my father for a total of 90+ years between us.

The owners have changed over the years but with a techican moving up and keeping it going with the same great service to people. Best in NE North Carolina !

Admiral

What is the name of the dealer? He sounds like one of the good ones!

Skipper

Causeway Marina, Camden, NC.

Jerry Markham and Scott are the best.