Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper

2081 Evinrude G2 250 trim/tilt motor makes whining noise

Hi Everyone,
I am new to the forum in 2018 I picked up an new Tidewater 232lxf with a Evinrude G2 250 ran flawless for 2 years now I just started getting a whining noise from the trim/tilt even after letting the T/T button go. Reached over to touch the motor and it was really hot too hot to leave your hand on it. It happens with key off engine off and key on engine off on the shifter button and engine button can it be a issue with the tilt motor don't want to get stuck at the ramp trying to raise or lower motor. Also I noticed if I move the steering left and right it goes away? Any solutions?
Highlighted
Captain

Re: 2081 Evinrude G2 250 trim/tilt motor makes whining noise

I suspect you are hearing and feeling the power steering motor running. At "key on" or "system wake up" from touching a trim button the steering motor will run until it equalizes the steering pressure sensors. Either there is air in the hydraulic steering system or you have a bad pressure sensor. Bleed hydraulic system first the run a DPS log with the diagnostic software to see the pressure sensor readings.
Highlighted
Skipper

Highlighted
Skipper

Thanks Rickmcd53 looks like I'm going to have to find a reputable dealer here in central Jersey don't think I'll have much luck getting it looked at anytime soon due to this pandemic.
Highlighted
Captain

Barnacle Bills in Delmont is an excellent dealer.