Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

EMM

I bought a new 25 hp in 2013 15inch shaft, tiller, pull start model # E25DRSAAB SERIAL#5380868 I have been so disapointed in this engine .It keeps letting me down . The EMM keeps going out . This has to be the worst outboard motor i have owned. Yes it is under warrenty and evinrude keeps replacing the EMM . I have lost all confidence in its reliability that as soon as it comes out of the shop I am going to put it up for sale and get rid of it. I have a larger boat that will get repowerd with a new 200 hp engine soon but after owning this unreliabile evinrude outboard i would not even consider another one of your engines. What sold me on this engine was that i owned a 15 hp evinrude for 10 years and never had any problems with it so i decided to buy a new one . What a disapointment . First year 159hrs EMM went out. It was replaced with a new one . Didnt last very long might have got another 40 hrs maybe, back to the shop another EMM has failed. The name Evinrude has lost its reputation with me. One very disapointed customer
Admiral

Re: EMM

We are very sorry to hear about your Evinrude problems. That is not normal and there must be some underlying cause of the failures. Evinrude takes customer satisfaction very seriously and would like to hear from you plus try to rectify the situation.

Please email  brp.care@brp.com  with your concerns and include the engine serial number.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.