Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

Poor customer service

I bought a new 40 hp E-tec for my new 1652 Triton boat and took delivery in June 2019 which now has about 10 hrs. on it.  It is now sitting in my driveway as it developed an oil leak in Feb. 2020 that looks to be from the plastic oil tank or oil line.  I found there is only one dealer in Memphis that is authorized to do warranty maintenence and when I called them I was told they won't even take it in as I didn't buy the motor from them with no estimate when I can get it repaired.  I called Evinrude and was told they have no control over their dealers and I should try a dealer that is 50 miles south of Memphis.  When I called them I was told it will be over a month before they could even look at it.  I now feel like I have a $6,000.00 piece of junk in my driveway.  If this is the best Evinrude can do I cannot reccommend their products.  Very disappointed with my purchase and would never buy another product from Bombardier and will probably repower with Mercury or Yamaha after it is repaired.

Captain

Re: Poor customer service

For someone who only put ten hours on their new ETEC you seem very adamant that their motor is junk.Any outboard can have a fault that pops up when new! That is why when purchasing an outboard it is good to have a working relationship with your dealer!

Captain

Since the mid 80's I started buying evinrudes from my local dealer.one year before the warranty runs out I sell the engine and buy another one. It is very important to have a great relasionship with your dealer. I do understand that dealers do not like to do warranty service on engines not bought from them. If my tech retires I will sell my engine immidiately and buy another one from a local dealer so  do not poke them in the eye with an engine bought somewhere else.

Mate

You should notice the subject header is "Poor customer service".  I did not get a proper answer from the local dealer or Evinrude and have no idea when or where I will get my motor fixed.  You would think Evinrude would have more than one place with an authorized maintenence facility in a city of over a million people.

Captain

1robtdill,

Where did you buy the engine? Logic to take it back to them. After all they made the profit on the engine, and therefore should absorb the lower hourly pay for warranty work.

Community Manager

Hey 1robtdill, thanks for reaching out. We are sorry to hear of your experience. We would like to look into this and see how we can help, could you please send us an email to brp.care@brp.com and provide your serial number? Please also make a reference to your username or this forum. We are looking forward to hearing from you. Talk soon. Vanessa-BRPcare

BRPCare
Follow us on Instagram @BRPCare
Follow us on Twitter @BRPCare