Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Mate

new 150 e-tec

I have had my 150 e-tec for about a year now after replacing my 2004 150 evinrude  HO which was a great motor. So far so good. I have around 80 hrs on the new one and it is purring like a kitten. I fish the flats in NW florida , on the water around 100 - 150 days a year.

Admiral

Re: new 150 e-tec

Glad to hear that everything is doing well with your motor.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

I also have a new 150 E-Tec,  one of the best running motors I have ever seen.   In 9 months, I have put 236 hrs on her and the only thing that has happened was the tilt and trim solinoid went out on me in south west Fla. on a  holiday weekend.  Thought the vacation was done.  In trying to make a long story short,  found a guy with a 1980 something 140 Evinrude and took the trim unit off and put new ends on it to fit the wiring harness and there you have it,  off and running,  is that not sweet !!!    And if that is not enough.........the full consumption is fantastic

Admiral

The 150 is a great engine and best in its class.  You will see more advertising and comparisons for that popular model in the coming months. Stay tuned !

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.