Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun

Saltwater Fishing

This is a forum for both saltwater fishing novices and seasoned veterals to share their experiences, questions and tips with fellow anglers. Find out about the latest tricks, the best fishing spots, new baiting techniques and destination spots. Keep the conversation alive, and get in touch with saltwater fishermen from across the globe!

Captain Bouncer Smith Talks Evinrude and Dusky Charters

by on ‎03-30-2011 02:00

A typical day for Bouncer Smith means setting out on the Atlantic, catching everything from barracuda to mahi-mahi or spotting  randomly spottling a slew of sea turtles or dolphins. Bouncer spends most of his life on a charter boat and he trusts his Dusky and his Evinrude completely. He believes the two were meant for each other. They make each trip comfortable, safe and exciting! 

Comments
by boatpoor
on ‎08-03-2011 09:47

I run inboards off shore here in SC.in my Bertram sportfisher. But for inshorefishing and lake fishing I prefer outboards. I just purchased a new 250 E tec to replace a 225 efi black motor witch is the second one last year to eat a piston. I put it on my 1970 20' Glassmaster tryhull that has used up 6 motors after being changed over from I/o to outboard  in 1983.This new E tec has been amazing with its fuel consumption I fish almost everyday in the winter for schooling striped bass on our SC. inland lakes running and gunning after birds I am anxious to see how it will perform in freezing temps,sleet, snow and wind

About the Author
  • Hello, we're a team of Evinrude enthusiasts bringing you stories, videos, and information to add to your life on the water. Through E-NATION, you can chat with fishing pros, get tips on fishing and boating, ask questions in the community forums and learn how to get more out of your boat and engine. Help us to continue to build the community dedicated to water, power, fishing, and fun.