Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Skipper
Accepted Solution

Main ground discount

Need help as I was going bAck in my port motor 2016 etec. 300 g2 shut off . Main ground disconnect started flashing . Anyone ever see this . Check my cable connect and batteries all tight and clean.
Admiral

Re: Main ground discount

Therec was a bulletin a few years ago about the battery cable studs on the motor not making good contact.

If you have homemade battery cables, not the factory cables, they may be suspect

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Captain

As I recall, the battery cable can be tight on the stud but the stud may not be tight to the engine. Remove the battery cable from the stud and check stud for tightness.
Skipper

It s a Hydro Sport Vector 2900 there all factory cables I will check all the battery for possible problems and all connection. I check all the connections and fuses . Will look at few other thanks .
Captain

Hydra-Sports ran Main battery cables back to studs mounted on the transom in th ehigh area of the bilge. It is a moist area and studs are subject to splash & therefore corrosion. 

The main reason for this was so they could use manufacturer cable rus to the engine & the fact that many outboards cannot handle the '1/0' guage cables running through the rigging tube.

Skipper

Good morning after going thur this with fine tooth comb on my 2016 G2 300hp with 150 hrs on. It flashing main ground discount. Fuse good , every connection perfect , starter fine anything else anyone seen go wrong . Thanks
Admiral

If you are familiar with using a meter to do a voltage drop test procedure, you might be able to find or at least narrow down the culprit area.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Mate

Therec was a bulletin a few years ago about the battery cable studs on the motor not making good contact.

If you have homemade battery cables, not the factory cables, they may be suspect