Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Skipper

Saltwater leaking inside motor cover.

I pulled the side over off my new 300 hp etec G2 and found evidence of saltwater . I appears to be leaking near a area we’re the hose runs up the motor. It also seems that it only leaks when I’m running it with the motor down. I installed the accessorie flush kit, there is no evidence of leaking when I flush. It must be only when I draw water up through the lower unit. Any ideas where it would be leaking from.
Admiral

Re: Saltwater leaking inside motor cover.

There is no way to guess where a leak originates. A close visual inspection of the area may disclose the culprit or a careful run of the motor with the cover removed.

If you cannot find the source of the leakage, you may want to visit your dealer.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Skipper

On the port side lower on the motor there is a large nylon hose bibs coming out of the motor and connecting to a water hose that runs up the side of the motor. The leak is right next to it , it looks like it might be a gasket in between two housing sections of the motor. I took pictures and I’m tying to figure out how to post them.
Highlighted
Admiral

It is possible that the powerhead to adapter plate gasket is leaking. 

If the motor had hit underwater obstructions, overheated multiple times, or had been run with a nicked or bent prop, the attaching bolts could have loosened which in turn damaged the gasket.

Unless you are well versed in mechanics, have the correct lifting tools and a hoist, and a service manual, it is best to let a trained tech take care of the problem.

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.