Evinrude E-NATION, for those dedicated to water, power, fishing and fun
Highlighted
Captain
Accepted Solution

new g2 repower

Finally new motors are in trip 300 g2.  Two weeks and should be back on the water posting pics soon that being said trip set of 09 300's for sale with around 900 hrs any questions message me. 

Highlighted
Admiral

Re: new g2 repower

Not only the pics, please post the prop choice and performance/economy numbers also !

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

just got these pics today look at the room on the transom now wow. WP_20150318_16_54_42_Pro.jpg

Highlighted
Captain

WP_20150318_16_54_11_Pro.jpg

Highlighted
Captain

WP_20150318_16_54_25_Pro.jpg

Highlighted
Captain

Just an update ran the boat for the first time today and all I can say is wow. Its a different boat all together topped out at 60.8 which is up from 52 and my cruise is up to 43 from 38. At 43 I'm burning 38, 39 gph cant tell what is was before as I had analog gauges but best I ever saw with old motors were .8 mpg. We decided to got with the red 4 blades in a 20" pitch might play around later but I'm close boat had 200 gal of fuel. Should make a 150 mile run this weekend ill do the old hand calculations and post back. G2 more like G6. The old boys have found something with these motors.
Highlighted
Admiral

[ Edited ]

Glad to read of your increased performance and economy. An 8 mph speed increase is remarkable !

How do the engines sound to you compared to your older ones -  volume & tone -  at idle, cruise, and WOT?

What props and rpms did you have on the old motors?

What rpms are you getting with these?

What make, model, and year of boat?

Comparison of fuel consumption at WOT with the old 300's and the new ones?

Inquiring minds want to know

"There is never just one thing wrong with a boat";
                    -- Travis McGee, main character in a book series by John D. McDonald 

The factory recommends that a properly trained technician service your Johnson or Evinrude outboard motor. Should you elect to perform repairs yourself, use caution, common sense, and observe safety procedures in the vicinity of flammable liquids, around moving parts, near high-temperature components, and working with electrical or ignition systems.

The information offered here is only general in nature and should not be construed as complete factory approved procedures, techniques, or specifications. Always use the proper service manual for your motor, up-to-date service literature, the correct tools, and have an understanding of how to proceed with troubleshooting and repair methods. If you are unsure or uncomfortable with a procedure, a situation, or a technique, enlist the services of a factory trained technician.

Highlighted
Captain

The boat is a 00 36' contender. My etecs were 09' proper with 21" rebels I dont have any gph readings of old motors but my best overall trip averaged.8 mpg. The sound of the new motors are about the same at ideal but the g2 has a deeper rumble or tone at crisis not much diff between the to but at wot is way diff old motors had a whiny sound the g2 have a deeper tone or growl its more like the diff between v6 and v8. Before when I was running and trimmed out if I had to stop for some reason I would have to tuck the motors back down to get back on plane not now. Did the same thing yesterday and left it trimmed up and in a boat and a half lenght back on plane almost threw the service tech out the back. The offset back that the motors have now change the center of gravity a bit I have more bow raise slightly but it make the boat perform better. We have a boat show this weekend and i plan on making a pass thru the harbor on the way out fishing. So if anyone is out at the Gulfport boat show flag me down. Local dealer will take you for a ride on my boat by appointment only and see for yourself. They truly are remarkable